Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

Coaching Myself Through Learning to Paint At 30




Something Big
About a week before my birthday, I decided I wanted to do something big for myself to commemorate turning 30.

For some people, the idea of 'something big' may entail a thrill-seeking adventure. Bungee Jumping. Swimming across the Atlantic. Parasailing. Cliff diving... and things of that nature.
But for me, a CREATIVE adventure is always the most daring and feisty adventure of all.

For my 30th birthday I decided I was going to stop telling the story that would love to be able to paint, and instead actually learn how to paint.

So, Why Painting?
Because when I paint, I feel so good.
Because I believe that we can get good at anything we choose to pursue.
Because I love being out of my head and in the moment.
Because I believe it's never too late to start something new.
Because I believe "the way to know life is to love many things."

Self-Coaching
And can I just say: wow.
There have been some bumpy spots along the road. If I did not know how to coach myself through this I probably would've stopped back at day two or three.
That annoying voice inside of our heads gets even louder when we try new things. That annoying voice can not stand when we are not immediately good at something. But I knew to be ready for this.
Starting at the VERY beginning of a new creative adventure has me so revved up as a coach. Pursuing something you are passionate about gives you energy. Saying yes to a desire is like a great big YES to your life.

The Beauty of Desire
Your desires are not random. They are like a compass leading you to the next step. Desire trumps talent and what you want wants you too.

If you have something you want to go after in life, or something you want to change.... know this-- it is so very possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment